Tuesday, December 9

drag-along Tuesday and the Christmas crafts

I must say, this is the most drag along day EVER in the history of drag along days. I went to lunch a little after 12 in order to come back and say WHOA it is only 3 1/2 hours till i get to go home! Yea...wouldn't life be so grand...
I looked at the clock at 3...
3:09...
3:14...
3:22...

SHEESH! what is going on here?
I quit. I am throwing in the towel. I'm outta here.

No you say? I have to stay at work in order to keep my work? Ok fine.

Then you need to know that i am being cheesy-Christmas-project-wife-that-has-no-children-but-might-as-well-have-children-because-when-i-do-i-will-make-them-do-random-craft-projects-all-the-time-productive this week. Check out the cute FOAM Christmas tree I made last night while the hubster and I were watching 24 (dare i mention how great of a television series 24 is? While 100% unrealistic and sometimes borderline silly, it is amazingly fantastic and addictive at the same time. Try to explain that one.):


Then check out the attempt to let Mr. 1 Shoulder make Cake Balls Christmas-Festive (Mr 1 Shoulder being my hubby Matt who had shoulder surgery last week):

You can say it. they look like a 3 year did these...unsupervised. Its ok. I know it.

Tonight i think i will do something with this:


But i am not sure yet. Ideas or thought? please comment.

Last thought: Also, can i mention how much i love my friend Deeann? She came over last weekend when i was taking care of Matt and we made pumpkin pie, watched Friends, drank coffee, and caught up. It was lovely. Go check out her blog and website and buy her art. TRULY she is amazing:


yuuuuuuummmmmm. Punkin pie!

http://joydeeanncarson.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I love your blog header! It is so cute. I totally love the bird! I love birds on everything though. . . except people that are driving next to me. That's so not okay.

How fun that you got married on the beach. I bet that was gorgeous!

Is that green ring made out of foam? I would probably get a bunch of festive fabrics (like candy can design would be way cute!) and wrap them around it. And then add a sparkly bow on top.

Tracy P. said...

Jenna, I finished my cake balls, blogged about them, and publicly named you my new hero! Thanks again for the great tip!

The Mrs. said...

ooh I love me some pumpkin pie. I'm sidetracked now that I saw that. although my husband and I have a debate going on... whether its better hot or cold. I like mine frosty cold with half a can of whipped cream on it!

The foam tree is adorable! I might have to try that with my boys. As soon as the little one stops eating my craft foam...

Anita J. said...

I finally bought some pumpkin spice creamer (I was making my own with spices and 1/2 & 1/2). The difference is soooo yummy I had to come tell you about it. The bottle only says it has the pumpkin spice flavors. I didn't know there was actual pumpkin flavor in it too. That sounds idiotic, doesn't it? But it's true. I am LOVING this stuff.

The cake balls do look a little crazy :)! You have posted about them twice now, so I am curious. Are they like truffles? Bonbons? I have the stuff to make them, but I'm a little hesitant. Cake is my weakness, so I'm not only afraid I won't like them, I'm afraid I will be addicted to them. Do they keep in the freezer?