Saturday, November 15

something beautiful is upon us


i know what you are thinking... "Jenna seriously, what is your problem? You seem obsessed with this pumpkin stuff..."
well, you are right.
I am.
I love it and only get it for a few months a year so get off me.
And in the mean time, go buy this yumminess at Wal-Mart. Seriously good!
and now a homemade recipe that i have NOT tried but searched and found. Try this and let me know what you think (or just go buy the store kind that will only cost you $3)
IngredientsAdd Ingredients to Shopping List>>-->
1 1/2 cups light cream
6 eggs, yokes only
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
Cooking Instructions
1. Before you get started - freeze the freezer bowl for at least 1 hour but for the best results- do it the night before.
2. In a heavy saucepan scald light cream
3. Separate 6 eggs and then in a medium bowl whisk the yokes with sugar and vanilla
4. Gradually whisk in the cream
5. Add pumpkin pie spice into the yoke, sugar, and vanilla mixture.
6. Stir over medium heat for about 10 minuets, but do not boil.
7. Now whisk in heavy cream and canned pumpkin meat.
8. Pass the mixture through a coarse strainer into a bowl to remove any cooked egg pieces
9. refrigerate it until it’s well chilled.
10. Now to the mixer assemble the freezer bowl and dasher and turn to speed 1 pour in the chilled mixture and churn for about 15 to 20 minutes until it is at the desired consistency. Transfer the ice cream to serving dishes or freeze in an airtight container.

4 comments:

Anita J. said...

I'll have to get some of that for my pumpkin-addicted hubby. Let me know if you make that ice cream. If it's really good we might want to try it.

Anonymous said...

it's yolk, not yoke.

holly wynne said...

I've seen it in person, I've seen it in person (the painting, that is) :).

P.S. I think it's hysterical that you've got your own little spelling fairy. Or troll, as the case may be.

Unknown said...

way to freakin funny! Jeff just bought some of this and I told him we should send some to you... I should have known if there's anything pumpkin out there Jenna's ALREADY knows about it!! XO Jenna