OK, so after working at my new job for almost 3 months (i have survived! barely...), I just noticed this thing of "encouragement" that is taped to my desk. Here are my thoughts on this new found piece of support:
1. Define yourself.
consider it done. I know who I am and Whose I am. I am completely comfortable in my own skin and what I have to bring to the table.
2. Develop a sales mission statement.
YOU develop a sales mission statement...your head has a think candy shell on it...
3. Have a deep belief in the three critical areas of selling.
if i knew what those were, then i would pray about it...
4. Develop greater pride in accomplishment.
are you kidding? I love winning. I couldnt love to win any more. Who enjoys to lose? Plus i am too competitive for my own good. :)
5. Remember: You are what you eat.
Good come back!
6. Get rid of one time-waster.
Facebook???? yea right. Sometimes i do lunges past Debby's desk and I am not getting rid of that either.
7. Read a book every two months.
Does People magazine count? ha kidding. (some of you just said "wow" right there. i know you!)
8. Get your sales pipeline full.
trust me, i am on brain overload right now. there is no room for anything else unless i physically take something out.
9. Meet your monthly sales quota by the second week of the month.
HAHAHA not in this line of work buddy. I am in Non-Profit fundraising. See?
United Way of Williamson County
209 Gothic Court, Suite 107
Franklin, TN 37067
GIVE. ADVOCATE. VOLUNTEER. LIVE UNITED™
that is my email signature. We don't meet quotas that quick.
10. Start branding yourself.
that would hurt. that is why i never got a tatoo.
11. Get up earlier.
12. Begin capturing your thoughts and ideas in writing.
I do! All the time. And then i doodle around them to make them pretty.
13. Give one speech.
a day? ok. I have to give speeches every single day in my job. I should become a great speaker. At least I hope so.
14. Write one article your customers will read.
DONE! Here in lies my blog.
15. Make sales at breakfast.
to who? I don't talk to people during breakfast. Would you like for me to sell something to myself? What am i buying? Have i mentioned that i am not a morning person? B/c that is going to make it REALLY hard to sell something to myself. And what time IS breakfast b/c that determines a lot. We need to talk more about this.
16. Keep your customers loyal to you and your company.
I promise i will try Mr Gitomer. I am only one person.
17. Double your testimonials.
18. Double your referrals.
19. Record sales presentations.
with my thumb? No? Then can you buy me a recorder? (This reminds me of a Friend's line where Phoebe says "If you want to get email updates from me...then buy me a computer!")
20. Start every morning with attitude.
20.5. Remember: You're not alone.
Thank you. I needed to remember that.