Monday, August 4

3 get-me-thinkings

"We are called to play the Good Samaritan on life's roadside...but one day we must come to see that the whole Jericho road must be transformed so that men and women will not be constantly beaten and robbed. True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar. It comes to see that a system that produces beggars needs to be repaved. We are called to be the Good Samaritan, but after you lift so many people out of the ditch you start to ask, maybe the whole road to Jericho needs to be repaved." -Martin Luther King Jr.- A Time to Break the Silence

All around you, people will be tiptoeing through life, just to arrive at death safely. But dear children, do not tiptoe. Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don't tiptoe. -The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical By Shane Claiborne

"My deepest fear is not that I am inadequate. My deepest fear is that I am powerful beyond measure. It is my light, not my darkness, that most frightens me. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that others won't feel insecure. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. - Nelson Mandela, Inaugural Speech 1994

Today is one of those days that I feel like a lot can be done, needs to be done and that we all can be apart of that change. Make today count.

No comments: